Here is a "build your own recipe" that leaves just about everything up to you! Everyone has a different preference when it comes to ice cream, so have fun building this yourself with these easy steps!
This could take up to 4 hours to make, and a lot of patience, but it sure is perfect for the summer.
1. Select your flavors and fillings of choice; keep in mind that the more flavors you use, the taller the cake will be. Hot fudge, cookie crumbs -- really anything can go in between the ice cream layers.
2. Remove one pint of ice cream from the freezer and let it sit until it's soft enough to stir, about 30 minutes. If you like, stir chocolate chips or chopped candy into the ice cream.
3. The cake shape will vary depending on the dish you use -- I recommend a springform pan or a pie dish. When using springform, place a parchment round on the bottom of the pan.
4. To make your crust, crush cookies of your choice into crumbs and mix with a few tablespoons melted butter. Press down lightly along the bottom of the pan until you have it as high as you'd like, about half an inch is good. Freeze for at least an hour.
You can save some un-buttered crumbs for your filling!
5. Spread your prepared ice cream from step 2 evenly on top of the crust, then freeze for an hour.
6. Add a dividing layer.
peanut butter, marshmallow fluff, hot fudge, and more!
Then use your extra cookie crumbs. Freeze for another hour.
7. Take out another pint of ice cream to thaw halfway through this last hour of freezing, then spread it evenly as you did with the previous layers. Freeze it for another hour.
Continue to layer on more ice cream, or top your final layer with whipped cream or buttercream, then freeze again.