Nutty Apple Cake
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of apple juice
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3 cups of finely chopped cooking apples
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups of packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Grease and lightly flour the bottom and sides of your Elsterware 10-inch springform pan; set aside. In an extra-large bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, apple pie spice, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside. In a medium bowl combine eggs, oil, apple juice, and vanilla; stir in apples and nuts. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Pour batter into the prepared springform pan, spreading evenly. Place springform pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake about 65 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in springform pan on a wire rack about 2 hours to serve warm, or cool completely. Using a small sharp knife, loosen cake from sides of pan. Remove sides of pan.
- For sauce, in a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, and whipping cream. Cook and stir over medium heat just until mixture is bubbly and brown sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly. Spoon warm sauce over warm or cooled cake.