Vanilla-Bourbon Sweet Potato Pie
Here's a classic with a wee twist! Made with our Springform Pan (Find it here on Amazon Prime!) You can top this however you'd like, with or without the nuts and whipped cream. You could even use Fluff if you prefer to stick to the original marshmallow and sweet potato combo.
Remember to share your creations with us! #Elsterware on Instagram and Facebook! Or let us know what you want to see next!
3 large sweet potatoes (2 1/4 pounds)
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon bourbon or whiskey
2 large eggs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 1/4 sheets)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup pecan halves
3 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 tablespoons bourbon or whiskey
optional : homemade whipped cream or Fluff
- Prepare Filling: Bring sweet potatoes, salt, and water (enough to cover potatoes) to a boil in a large Dutch oven over high heat; cook 35 minutes or until tender. Drain. Peel potatoes, and mash with a potato masher in a large bowl. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk together sugar, vanilla, bourbon, and eggs in a medium bowl. Stir sugar mixture into sweet potatoes. Stir in flour.
- Prepare Crust: Preheat oven to 350°. Wrap springform pan in foil. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter; press mixture on bottom and up sides of your Elsterware Springform Pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into prepared crust. Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes or until center is set.
- Prepare Topping: Remove pie from oven, and sprinkle top of hot pie with brown sugar; arrange pecan halves decoratively around edge of pie. Stir together honey and bourbon in a small bowl; drizzle over top of pie.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 2 hours.
- Gently run a sharp knife around edge of pie to loosen; remove sides of pan. Place pie on a serving platter; cover and chill 24 hours. Serve chilled with a dollop of whipped cream.